The deadline for admission to the MFA Program in Dance is January 15. All students must apply to the MFA program online at the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences homepage and follow the specific instructions contained there. The prospective student (or students interested in the program) should have a either a BFA or BA in Dance and professional dance experience or a BA in a related dance field and professional dance experience.
Applications for the MFA Program in Dance require the following:
- a completed online application plus fee
- a curriculum vitae
- a personal statement describing your primary area(s) of interest and your rationale for graduate study
- a writing sample of eight-to-twelve pages; please upload to the GSAS website under 'Supplemental Forms'
- GRE results (please direct results to Washington University, code 6929)
- transcript(s) from undergraduate institution(s)
- three letters of recommendation
Final candidates for admission will be brought to campus to participate in a course, for faculty to review a showing of their work (or solo of their choosing), to teach a class of their choosing, and for an interview.
Christine Knoblauch-O'Neal, PhD